Monday, August 8, 2011

Blog about anythingggg

So, right now I am in the middle of choosing between two internships. In the past two weeks I went from stressing out about not knowing what I was going to do for a job during the school year, to not knowing which job to pick. I interviewed with Basic in Portage a week ago for another marketing internship. Three days later they called and told me they really liked me and that they wanted me to come in to meet the VP of sales and marketing. They offered me the job and I told them I would get back to them this week. The same day they called me to meet the VP, my boss at Treystar asked me to continue on with them through the school year. I am very comfortable where I am at and make good wages, but my new role would be more of an administrative assistant, where as if I took the new internship at Basic, I would be learning more about the marketing field. As a college student, I have a very small income and sometimes an unrealistic budget. Making sure I have enough money to get through the year is a huge issue, but broadening my knowledge of the marketing field is crucial as well. So does pay and comfortability trump a new marketing experience or vice versa?

No comments:

Post a Comment